Frequently Asked Questions

Please click the links below for answers to some of the more common questions the Warwick Sewer Authority receives.

  • Are there grants or loans available to help pay for connection to the sewer system?
    Yes, the Warwick Sewer Authority, through the City of Warwick's Community Development Program, is currently offering homeowners attractive incentives to connect. Low- to moderate-income households can qualify for $800 grants towards the cost of connection. For more information on the grant program, please contact Community Development at (401) 738-2000, ext. 6374. Funds are limited. Properties connected to the sewer system prior to approval of the connection grant are not eligible. 
    Also, the R.I. Clean Water Finance Agency, through the Sewer Tie-In Loan Fund (STILF), is now offering property owners low- interest (2%) loans of up to $10,000 through Rhode Island Housing. To inquire about the loan program, call the Warwick Sewer Authority at 468-4710. Funds are limited.

  •  When are the sewers coming to my neighborhood?

  •  Where can I learn more about how sewer fees are assessed?
    The Warwick Sewer Authority attempts to answer all Sewer Assessment Questions here.

  •  Where can I get the details on the mandatory connection program?
    The Mandatory Sewer Tie-In Summary is an online-brochure version of this important program.

  •  Does the Warwick Sewer Authority recommend any specific contractors to provide connection services?
    Only RI master plumbers or underground utility contractors properly licensed through the State of Rhode Island are allowed to connect your property to the Warwick sewer system.   Here’s a link to the RI Contractors’ Registration and Licensing Board’s electronic listing of underground utility contractors. “On the “Contractor Type” drop down menu, select “Underground Utility”.  Submit Query for a full listing of state-licensed underground utility contractors.” In order to perform sewer construction, including installation, repair, alteration or replacement of sewers, the underground utility contractor must present his valid State license to the Warwick Sewer Authority at the time a permit request is made.

  •  How do I get to the Warwick Sewer Authority?
    Click here for an interactive map providing detailed directions to the Warwick Sewer Authority facilities.